Guidelines for CAWSES-II Support Requests
CAWSES-II is now officially launched and in order to streamline requests for support we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
- Refer to the Task Group descriptions for CAWSES-II found at http://www.cawses.org/ and http://www.caswes.org/wiki
- Submit your request for funding to the appropriate Task Group co-leaders (see http://www.cawses.org) for endorsement. Task Group co-leaders will forward their recommendations to the co-chairs of CAWSES –II for a final decision.
- Your request should include the following information:
- description of the planned activity
- when and where it will occur and point of contact information
- how the activity furthers the goals of CAWSES-II and the deliverables of the Task Groups
- anticipated attendance and demographics of the participants
- how it engages e-science and informatics goals and furthers capacity building
- funding amount and how the funding will be used
Your request should be no more than 2 pages.
- Awards are typically between $3K-$10K with an emphasis on leveraging funds elsewhere and a preference on supporting task group science, e-science/informatics, and capacity building in developing countries. CAWSES-II is a program that enables science as part of the SCOSTEP mission. Therefore we encourage proposals for funding of projects and not just opportunities to have meetings.
- Conditions associated with a successful grant application are:
- a final report on the activity to be submitted to the appropriate Task Group co-leaders as well as the co-leaders of CAWSES-II within 30 days of completion of the activity. The final report will eventually appear on the CAWSES-II website or wiki.
- providing links to materials that can be added to the CAWSES-II website or wiki (e.g. school lecture notes, presentations, virtual observatories, press releases, publications, etc.). These will then be available to all in the CAWSES-II community
- attribution to SCOSTEP/CAWSES-II support for workshops, publications, presentations, etc.
Susan Avery – Alan Rodger 27 August 2009 Updated: 15 July 2010/03 July 2011